Friday, March 30, 2012

Frivol Freitag oder Frivolous Friday: Doctor Who

Nerd Alert


I love Doctor Who. I am not really a sci-fi fan, but Doctor Who is the exception.
Yeah, I have to say, I agree with this.
Photo credit: scifi.icanhascheezburger.com

If you do not know what Doctor Who is, you are not alone. It is a BBC show about a Time Lord (alien) that travels in time and space and always has a human companion with him on his adventures. The thing about it that makes it unique is that it started 49 years ago. It's come and gone over the last five decades, but it seems to be going strong right now.

My favorite Doctor is David Tennant. He wasn't the first that I saw, but he quickly grew on me and now I'm a total fan. Not as bad as some, I'm sure, but probably not totally balanced. DT left the show a couple of years ago and Matt Smith took over. I don't like him quite as much, but he's pretty good.

All of this to say that I was able to buy a really cool Doctor Who coffee mug from ThinkGeek.com a couple of days ago. It had been out of stock for about three weeks and was finally in. Nerd-gasm! I am waiting with bated breath for it to come in. It's a little smaller than the mugs I have right now, so it will also help me cut back on caffeine. Total win!


This awesome mug will soon be mine! Bwahahaha!
Available at ThinkGeek.com
Anyway, if you like sci-fi or British shows, check out Doctor Who! It's a fun way to spend an hour. Or more.

No comments:

Post a Comment